SSL Certificate in 2020 ,These Days One of the most important components of online business which creates a trustworthy environment between online customer and business. By this component online customer get confident while making purchase online.
Users expect a secure and private online experience when using a website. We encourage you to adopt HTTPS in order to protect your users’ connections to your website, regardless of the content on the site.
What is SSL?
SSl(Secure Sockets Layer) is the backbone of our modern internet and it will help to protect secure information while information travel across the world computer networks.
SSL is very essential component these days whether your website handle sensitive data like credit card or banking information or not. It come up with privacy, critical security and data integrity for our website as well as our user’s personal information.
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a global standard security technology that enables encrypted communication between a web browser and a web server
- A domain name, server name or hostname.
- An organizational identity (i.e. company name) and location.
SSL certificate (also referred to as a “digital certificate”)
What is TLS?
TLS stands for Transport Layer Security and it ensures data privacy the same way that SSL does. Since SSL is actually no longer used, this is the correct term that people should start using.
What is HTTPS?
HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) is an internet communication protocol that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data between the user’s computer and the site.
Data sent using HTTPS is secured via Transport Layer Security protocol (TLS), which provides three key layers of protection:
- Encryption—encrypting the exchanged data to keep it secure from eavesdroppers. That means that while the user is browsing a website, nobody can “listen” to their conversations, track their activities across multiple pages, or steal their information.
- Data integrity—data cannot be modified or corrupted during transfer, intentionally or otherwise, without being detected.
- Authentication—proves that your users communicate with the intended website. It protects against man-in-the-middle attacks and builds user trust, which translates into other business benefits.
Why Do I Need An SSL Certificate?
- Keeps data secure between servers
- Increases your Google Rankings
- Builds/Enhances customer trust
- Improves conversion rates
- Logins and passwords
- financial information (e.g., credit card numbers, bank accounts)
- personal data (e.g., names, addresses, social security numbers, birth dates)
- proprietary information
- legal documents and contracts
- client lists
- medical records
Where Do I Buy An SSL Certificate?
GlobalSign was founded in 1996 in Europe and remains one of the longest running Certificate Authorities in the region.
You may also be able to purchase digital certificates from a domain name registrar or website hosting provide
How will visitors know my site has an SSL certificate?
There are four visual clues:
- Padlock to the left of a URL
- https URL prefix instead of http
- A trust seal
- A green address bar (when an EV SSL certificate is issued)
How to make my site secure
Setting up HTTPS on your website is very easy, just follow these 5 simple steps:
- Host with a dedicated IP address
- Buy a certificate
- Activate the certificate
- Install the certificate
- Update your site to use HTTPS