Best 10 websites that web developers must see in 2020 [caption id="attachment_267" align="alignnone" width="1280"] Best 10 websites that web developers must see in 2020[/caption] howdy guys !! Everyday ,lots of websites are created and there are lots of websites ready to teach you web development which help you to learn web development. In my spare time ,I always love to learn new tools an...
What are the difference between HTML and XML?
XML, in full extensible markup language, a document formatting language used for some World Wide Web pages. XML began to be developed in the 1970s.XML is a markup language which is designed to store data. It’s popularly used or transfer of data. It is case sensitive. XML offers you to define markup elements and generate customized markup language.
In this article we will discuss
What is HTML?
HTML is short for Hypertext Markup Language is the standard markup language for documents designed to be displayed in a web browser.. HTML is used to create electronic documents (called pages) that are displayed on the World Wide Web developed by Tim Berners-Lee in 1990.
Features of XML.
- Excellent for handling data with a complex structure or atypical data
- Data described using markup language
- Text data description
- Human- and computer-friendly format
- Excellent for long-term data storage and data re-usability
- XML is heavily used as a format for document storage and processing, both online and offline.
- Content-based XML markup enhances searchability, making it possible for agents and search engines to categorize data instead of wasting processing power on context-based full-text searches.
- The XML document which uses the DTD has the XML tags in it. It is in the XML document, the tags or the elements are defined for the data.
- XML does not allow References to external data entities. Named character references are not allowed in XML. XML does not allow empty comment declaration.
- XML is extensible, because it only specifies the structural rules of tags. No specification on tags them self.
Example of XML
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <note> <to>Technolila</to> <from>Web Developer</from> <heading>Article</heading> <body>Please post my article</body> </note>
Example of HTML
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <h1>PHP Developer in 2020</h1> <p> Future of php and php developer 2020</p> </body> </html>
Is XML better than HTML?
Both are very different from each other .HTML tags are used for displaying the data while XML tags are used for describing the data not for displaying.
How are HTML and XML similar?
- Both are used in web technologies.
- Both have similar syntax, i.e. TAGS enclosed in angle brackets.
- Both markups used for responses (Direct & AJAX).
Is XML a programming language?
There are programming languages that use XML syntax, notably XSL.
Is HTML a programming language?
Programming languages deals with ”proccessing functions”, etc. HTML just deals with the visual interface of a web page.
No, HTML is not a programming language. it is just a coding language because of following
- There is No need for a compiler and interpreter for getting output, to see the output of the code, we need just a default browser to view the result.
- There is No logic, conditions and loops are used in markup language
What is the purpose of XML?
XML – eXtensible Markup Language – is a markup language designed to give a great amount of flexibility in marking up and passing around arbitrary data. In the web, XML is normally used for transporting data through feeds, API calls and the like.XML provides a common syntax for messaging systems for the exchange of information between applications.
Why is XML used in Web applications?
xml is used to store and transport data in any areas of programming including web.XML data is stored in text format. This makes it easier to expand or upgrade to new operating systems, new applications, or new browsers, without losing data.
Is XML easy to learn?
XML is simple and in fairly easy to learn and use.
Why was XML created?
XML was created by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to overcome the limitations of HTML.
What is XML advantages?
- No restriction to a limited set of tags defined by proprietary vendors.
- Free to develop tools that meet your needs exactly.
- XML allows us to develop our own tag sets to meet its unique needs without any hard or rigid rules.
- It can represent common computer science data structures: records, lists, and trees.
- It is platform-independent, thus relatively immune to changes in technology.
Is XMS still used in 2020?
Yes. It’s very widely used
What is an XML file and how do I open it?
Step 1 Search the XML file you want to open in your system.
Step 2 Right-click on the XML file and click on open with.
Step 3 Select notepad.
Why XML is so popular?
XML has proven itself to be well designed for these complex cases.XML allows the flexible development of user-defined document types. It provides a robust, non-proprietary, persistent, and verifiable file format for the storage and transmission of text and data both on and off the Web.Simpler Content Modification and Content Re-usability:
XML is a file extension for an Extensible Markup Language (XML) file format
What are the difference between HTML and XML?
|HTML is an abbreviation for HyperText Markup Language.||XML stands for eXtensible Markup Language.|
|HTML was designed to display data with focus on how data looks.||XML was designed to be a software and hardware independent tool used to transport and store data, with focus on what data is.|
|HTML is a markup language itself.||XML provides a framework for defining markup languages.|
|HTML is a presentation language.||XML is neither a programming language nor a presentation language.|
|HTML is case insensitive.||XML is case sensitive.|
|HTML is used for designing a web-page to be rendered on the client side.||XML is used basically to transport data between the application and the database.|
|HTML has it own predefined tags.||While what makes XML flexible is that custom tags can be defined and the tags are invented by the author of the XML document.|
|HTML is not strict if the user does not use the closing tags.||XML makes it mandatory for the user the close each tag that has been used.|
|HTML does not preserve white space.||XML preserves white space.|
|HTML is about displaying data,hence static.||XML is about carrying information,hence dynamic.|